- This species is the most common in the U.S. choosing to host on dogs, cats, and humans.
- It has the ability to maintain its life cycle as a parasite on both carnivores and omnivores.
- A flea that has just emerged from its pupal stage with jump to a new host within seconds and begin feeding within minutes.
- It ranges from 1-2mm in length.
- The reddish-brown cat flea does bite humans but it is unlikely for a long-term population to be sustained on people.
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home
Back to bug resources