- Dog fleas closely resemble cat fleas and also have the unfortunate ability to give its a host a tapeworm.
- The main characteristic that distinguishes a dog flea from a cat flea is its head.
- The dog flea’s head is rounded near the front whereas the cat flea is elongated.
- Dogs will experience severe itching in infested areas of the fur or hair where the fleas reside.
- Problems from fleas can be as lowly as itching to severe as infection.
- In extreme circumstances it is possible that flea bites can cause anemia.