- Pavement ants have 2 nodes and are usually found in one of 3 places: 1) Outside along the foundation 2) Beneath slab foundation 3) Inside hollow foundation walls.
- Pavement ants may also be found trailing along the edge of carpets.
- Displaced soil indicates colony locations.
- They are a small brown to black ant with pale legs; their abdomen is black.
- Treatment is most successful when the colony itself is located and then treated. Depending on colony site, drilling may be required in order to apply the appropriate chemical.