Pest Control Specialist
Chapel Hill, NC
About this Position / Job Responsibilities:
- Certified Pest Control Technician will dispatch with a work truck from home daily to UNC client locations and will service those locations for various pest problems.
- Will be responsible for keeping a daily log and fill out paperwork for proper record keeping.
- You must identify customer’s insect and rodent problems, determine corrective steps required, and be able to discuss procedures, sanitation and structural corrections with our customers.
- Complete initial technical training and participate in regular update training to stay current with proven practices and methods.
Experience & requirements:
- Candidate MUST have NC pest control certification
- Duties will include: servicing and maintaining clients accounts, providing solutions to customers active problems, communication to the office, and managing your daily schedule to ensure route completion.
- Provide friendly, cordial service to clients, and work to build strong relationships, solve problems, and recommend actions to prevent future pest control problems.
Excellent communication and people skills are a must.
- Must have a valid DL, pass a background/driving check, and random drug testing.
- Be able to enter and exit structures and crawl spaces, ascend and descend ladders and stairways, and climb over and under structures under a variety of environmental conditions including seasonal weather, damp and dusty conditions.
- Able to routinely lift, push and pull equipment and large, bulky items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Prepare environment to be treated including moving furniture, equipment, and other materials in order to access areas to be treated or inspected.
- Write legibly, read and comprehend pesticide labels and all training materials.
- Use a handheld PDA and software applications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching funds
- Direct Deposit