Let Clegg’s Termite & Pest Control, LLC HEAT THINGS UP at your property in order to solve your bed bug problems. Bed Bugs are still the hottest topic in the pest control industry today. Effective bed bug treatments can only be performed by a pest control professional. Heat treatments are a proven way to kill bed bugs.
Preventing Bed Bugs
The first step in effectively treating for bed bugs is to educate the consumer about what can be done to prevent future infestations. According to the National Pest Management Association, the best way to prevent an infestation is to always BE AWARE of your surroundings. You have to be careful of anyone and anything visiting your home. Adult bed bugs can live up to a year without feeding so you could have a problem for quite some time without even knowing it. For this reason, it is important to take the necessary precautions when traveling and when you have visitors in your home. Below are simple things you can do to help prevent a bed bug infestation in your home:
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation. Ask guests to inspect their own suitcases before staying for a visit.
- Check your bed sheets for tell-tale blood spots.
- Consider bringing a large plastic trash bag to keep your suitcase in during hotel stays.
- Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual inspections.
- Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home without thoroughly examining for signs of a bed bug infestation. You might consider having a pest control professional inspect the furniture as it is difficult to detect an infestation if you are untrained.
- Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep for signs of bed bugs.
(Prevention Tips courtesy of National Pest Management Association)
Killing Bed Bugs
Clegg’s Termite & Pest Control is the answer to your Bed Bug Control needs. We have the training and experience needed to provide a safe and effective treatment for any bed bug infestation. We have recently started using a heat treatment method to treat for bed bugs. For a standard size home with no special circumstances we can be in and out in 12 hours including prep time and treatment time. Pest Heat trained our bed bug inspection team to provide a safe and effective bed bug treatment using their heat treatment system.
The best part of the deal is that Clegg’s will inspect your home for bed bugs FOR FREE.
In addition to our trained bed bug inspection team, we acquired two K9 dogs over the past year that have been trained to perform bed bug inspections as well. We inspect both residential and commercial properties. Fees may apply for canine inspections.
Call 1-888-MR-CLEGG today to schedule a FREE bed bug inspection for your home.