- The Big Dipper is the most common species of firefly in North America.
- Fireflies light up in order to attract mates.
- The male will use a series of light flashes to locate females, to which females will respond with delayed flashes. They typically run from 9-15 mm in length and are black, red, and yellow in color.
- Fireflies are not generally viewed as pests and in most cases are popular temporary pets to have.
- While collecting them in a jar might be a beautiful sight, studies have show that permanently keeping them will eventually lead to their death as they become stressed.
We’re looking for more heroes at Clegg’s Pest Control. Do you think you have what it takes? Get a $1,000 sign-on bonus to start your new career.
To View All Available Job Listings Click Here →