- Big Headed Ants are a dimorphic species which means the worker ants vary in size.
- These ants are small in size and are yellowish or light to dark brown in color.
- The major worker has a large head for its body size whereas the minor worker’s head is more proportionate to its body size.
- These ants will nest in open areas but are usually found in the soil beneath a protective covering such as firewood or landscape timbers.
- Individual mounds should be drenched to eliminate the colony. Bait is effective for indoor treatments.
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home