- These ants have one node that is hidden by their abdomen and are dark brown to black in color.
- They are most often found in kitchens.
- When this ant is crushed it emits a coconut odor which signifies its name.
- Like the Argentine Ants, these ants may be found under mulch, along foundations, or underneath some form of debris.
- As with many ants, food sources will draw them out. If you have mulch or debris around the foundation of your home then you need to ensure that all cracks and crevices are sealed to prevent an inside invasion.
- Locating the nest is the surest way to eliminate the infestation but this is very difficult therefore bait is used on the ant trails which will lead the toxin back to the colony.
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home