Let Clegg’s Termite & Pest Control, LLC HEAT THINGS UP at your property in order to solve your bed bug problems. Bed Bugs are still the hottest topic in the pest control industry today. Effective bed bug treatments can only be performed by a pest control professional. Heat treatments are a proven way to kill bed bugs.
Preventing Bed Bugs
The first step in effectively treating for bed bugs is to educate the consumer about what can be done to prevent future infestations. According to the National Pest Management Association, the best way to prevent an infestation is to always BE AWARE of your surroundings. You have to be careful of anyone and anything visiting your home. Adult bed bugs can live up to a year without feeding so you could have a problem for quite some time without even knowing it. For this reason, it is important to take the necessary precautions when traveling and when you have visitors in your home. Below are simple things you can do to help prevent a bed bug infestation in your home:
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation. Ask guests to inspect their own suitcases before staying for a visit.
- Check your bed sheets for tell-tale blood spots.
- Consider bringing a large plastic trash bag to keep your suitcase in during hotel stays.
- Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual inspections.
- Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home without thoroughly examining for signs of a bed bug infestation. You might consider having a pest control professional inspect the furniture as it is difficult to detect an infestation if you are untrained.
- Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep for signs of bed bugs.
(Prevention Tips courtesy of National Pest Management Association)