GET A FREE INSPECTION!
Fill out the simple form and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly!
Mosquito Pest Control
Mosquitoes can ruin your outdoor events. If you have a wedding, family reunion, picnic, a sporting event or any other outdoor activity planned, talk to Clegg’s about our mosquito control solutions that allow you to treat ahead of time for mosquitoes so your guests can enjoy the event and not have to spend it slapping away pesky mosquitoes.
Any increase in rainfall that causes additional standing water will cause a mosquito population boom. In addition to causing itchy and painful bites and making time spent outdoors unpleasant, mosquitoes can also cause a number of diseases, including West Nile virus, encephalitis, dengue fever, and malaria. The pest control industry has heightened their awareness of the dangers of mosquitoes and how to better protect you against the harm they can cause.
Mosquito Prevention Tips
If we work together, then we can successfully decrease the threat that mosquitoes are causing for ourselves as well as our friends and family. Below are some of the things that you can do to reduce the risk of having your home overrun with mosquitoes:
- Mesh material should be used for screen windows, doors, and other openings. The mesh should be 18 x 18 strands per square inch or finer. Make sure to seal all screen edges, and keep doors and windows shut to prevent the mosquitoes from entering your home.
- Only wear long-sleeved shirts and long-legged pants that preferably have been treated with a repellent.
- Stay indoors during dusk and dawn since mosquitoes are most active during these 2 time periods.
- Quick infestations often occur when standing water sources including bird baths, ponds, unfiltered pools, etc. are not being cleaned each week and replaced with fresh water. These sites are a prime target for mosquito breeding grounds.
- Use insect repellent on exposed skin when outdoors.
- Introduce mosquito-eating fish (gambusia,green sunfish,bluegills,minnows)to standing water sources.
- Trash or unneeded vegetation that cannot be changed, dumped, or removed that is sitting around standing water sources should be removed.
Only if we work together, can we successfully control the population of mosquitoes. Contact Clegg’s today to learn more or call us at 888-672-5344.